The Good News!
1. God loves you. John 3:16 • Ephesians 2:4-5
Because of God’s love for all people, He desires that you have unbroken fellowship with Him. God wants you to know Him.
2. You are a sinner. Isaiah 53:6 • Romans 3:10
All people are “sinners” in that they disobey God. Sin is choosing to go your own way and do your own thing as opposed to being obedient to God.
3. Sin separates you from God. Isaiah 59:2 • Romans 3:23
Sin forms a barrier that prevents you from entering into unbroken fellowship with God, Who is holy. As an unholy sinner, you can’t have fellowship with God. The payment for your sin is death and separation from God. You are headed for a Christless eternity that the Bible calls Hell.
4. You can’t save yourself. Ephesians 2:8-9 • Titus 3:5 • Romans 4:4-5
People often think that through their efforts they can overcome the sin barrier between themselves and God. That isn’t true. There’s nothing you can do to restore the broken relationship with God. You can’t earn God’s salvation.
5. God sent His son Jesus to remove the sin barrier. 1 Peter 2:23 • Romans 5:8 • 2 Corinthians 5:21 • Romans 10:9
What you cannot do for yourself, Jesus Christ has done for you! Your sin is a barrier between you and God. But the Good News is that Jesus died on the cross for you and then rose from the dead to demonstrate that His payment was acceptable to God. By taking your punishment on Himself, Jesus made a way for you to have a relationship with God.
6. You can receive Jesus Christ through faith. John 14:6 • Acts 16:31 • Romans 10:9-10
Faith is trusting in what Jesus has done for you rather than trusting your own efforts to restore fellowship with God. Faith is complete reliance on Christ to put you in right relationship with God, allowing Him to live His life through you. Faith also involves repentance or genuine sorrow for sin and willingness to turn away from sin.
7. Through prayer you can trust in Jesus Christ.
Admit to God that you are a sinner. Express sorrow or repentance for your sinfulness. Ask Him to forgive your sins. Invite Jesus into your life as Savior and Lord. Commit yourself to live for Him.